Kiddie Garden Learning Corner invites our Kiddie Garden community to unite against COVID-19. Following the support and guidance of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education, weare introducing below additional new strict (COVID-19) rules if we are instructed by the government to re-open under Level 3 or Level 2 or Level 1. We trust you will understand, value and be confident about these stringent rules, bearing in mind that they are coming from a place in our hearts of absolute care and absolute commitment in doing the right things as well as doing things right:
New COVID-19 prevention rules at Kiddie Garden Learning Corner Ellerslie:
if any teacher or parent or child feels any of the COVID-19 Symptoms as stated on the Ministry of Health website:
they will not be allowed entry into our centre. See guidelines here: www.covid19.govt.nz
If any parent starts to feel any of the COVID-19 Symptoms while at work during the day, and if there is no other pickup option for the child, then before entering our centre to pick up their child, they must call our centre and wait outside the front entrance. One of our teachers will sign out and bring their child to them. The parent should then contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453, for their next steps, before returning to our centre. Until then, rule#2 applies.
We understand that the entire world is in uncharted waters, so we are lifting up to the "spirit of the law", rather than the "letter of the law". We want to be as kind and as respectful and as supportive as we can to help you through this if you and your child need to stay at home due to having COVID-19 symptoms. Our online platform via ZOOM will continue for your child so that they can stay connected with their friends and teachers.
If any parent is found negligent, or puts our community at risk, or fails to follow our rules and Ministry of Health guidelines, then their enrolment will be cancelled, and we may be required to report them to the Ministry of Health.
We have shifted all non-essential meetings at our centre into ZOOM Meetings for the foreseeable future.
we do not allow walk-ins by anyone with non-enrolled children to any of our centres until further notice.
We have postponed all centre excursions for the foreseeable future to eliminate contact with strangers or unclean surcases. There is ample exciting discovery, exploration and fun awaiting our children still in our centre playground.
New registered parents booked in for a tour must be asymptomatic, check temperature and must use our hand sanitisersonsite before starting the tour. We will maintain a 1m distance rule as per requirements here www.covid19.govt.nz. New parents being toured will not need to touch/contact anything. Once enrolled, rules #1 -#13 continue to apply for the foreseeable future.
Friendly "East Coast Waves" and respectful "Salutes" will be practiced at our centre from now on (who knew the military had picked a future trendy contactless greeting for all of society!).
1. Hand Sanitiser Supply - We are well stocked with commercial grade sanitizer.
2. Hand Washing -
3. Cleaning - Our teachers regular sanitise resource, furniture and toys during the day.
4. Clean Resources - Only easily cleanable surface resources are brought out to play.
5. No soft toys and no play dough.
6. Daily deep commercial cleans - Extra deep cleans by our commercial cleaner.
7. Warmer Classroom - As per our normal practice, we are pleased that the ministry of education has raised the minimum temperature in ece centres to 18°C as part of their upgraded covid-19 regulations.
8. Physical Distance -
9. Teacher's Bubbles - Our dedicated teachers are taking extra precautions inside their own secure home bubbles too. However, if they begin to show or feel covid-19 symptoms, then rule #2 below applies.
10. Teacher's Safety - For any of our teachers who are vulnerable (as identified here: www.covid19.govt.nz/individuals-an-households/health-and-wellbeing/vulnerable-people/) and are at risk of getting a severe illness from covid-19, they will be encouraged to stay at home.