Infant and Toddlers (0 to 2 years old)
Our teachers in the infant and toddler room are inspired by Emmi Pikler and Magda Gerbers RIE approach.
- Connection - We understand the important of a way a baby is touched and supported.
- Respect - Our teachers demonstrate our respect every time we interact with them.
- Authentic - Our goal is that every child at Kiddie Garden will become an authentic child who feels secure, autonomous, competent, and connected.
- Trust - We trust in the infant and toddler to be an initiator, to be an explorer eager to learn what he is ready for.
- Environment - We create an environment that is safe, challenging and predictable.
- Independent - We encourage infant to have uninterrupted play and free down explore.
- Consistency - We establish clearly defined limits and communicate our expectation to develop discipline.
- Freedom of movement - Freedom of movement have long term impact on a baby’s spirit, intelligence and physical being.
Toddler and Pre-schooler (2 to 5 years old)
Our Kiddie Garden teaching philosophy in Toddler and Pre-school room are:
- Respect - We see ourselves as a large extended family embracing whānautangata (parents, educators, children and the wider community) and showing sincere respect is our golden rule.
- Sense of belonging - We are a welcoming place where children and whānau feel the aroha (love) and a sense of belonging.
- Inclusive - Where the diverse backgrounds, values, traditions and capabilities of those within our learning community are embraced, celebrated and reflected in our unique learning environment.
- Culture Integrated Curriculum - Kiddie Garden integrate a bicultural perspective; providing all akonga (learners) with opportunities to develop knowledge and understanding about the heritages and aspirations of different cultures.
- Relationship Driven - Kiddie Garden focus on building strong relationship with internal and external community. We are acentre where ngāhononga (relationships) is fostered and valued and where we provide an environment of whakamana (empowerment) which allows our children to develop to their potential and be healthy in mind, body and spirit
- Holistic Development - Our goal is to provide quality education where there is Ako (learning from each other) that will have a significant and lasting impact on children's kotahitanga (holistic) development.
- Innovation - We offer innovative curriculum which are inspired by a range of philosophy such as Reggio Emilia, Montessori, or STEAM to extend our children’s learning.